For the past 3 years Joe and I have put aside dreaming together so that Josef could concentrate on his dream of having a Doctorate of Musical Arts. Now we begin our life again in a sense.
So lately I have been dreaming of my own dreams and what I really want out of life and here goes:
- Be able to live a good, easy life where we can homeschool our children, but also live in a community which is supportive of homeschooling and which has lots of programs for homeschooling children kindergarten through high school with which to be involved in.
- Live in a progressive community that has a lot of opportunities for my children, myself, and of course Joe.
- Live over seas again for a year or so.
- Live in good biking distance to funky coffee shops, used bookstores, and of course live music.
- I would like to own my own home with a large front porch, a huge jasmine vine, my chickens and clothesline, a beautiful huge veggie garden instead of a lawn, and a sidwalk for my children to ride their bikes on.
- I would like to sell my eggs and vegtables to my neigbours, have potlucks and entertain under the stars and paper lanterns.
- I would like to volunteer more in my community.
- I would love to be a tour guide!!
- I would like to hike the AP trial with my family!
- I want to be able to continue to make clothes for my children and learn some other handmade goodness.
- I want to be around intellectual people, cultured folk, in the middle of diversity. Have big dinners with lots of homemade wine/beer and wonderful converstions!! Children sleeping under the table, not wanting to miss a word of it all!!
- I want to be content with life. Have no regrets. Be not afraid to live my dreams.
- I would like to get a masters degree eventually and maybe one day teach in a university/commuinity college setting once all the kiddies are grown.
- I want to have more confidence in myself. Not be afraid to try new things, give people a chance.
- I want to say yes to my children more often.
- I want to think for myself.
Today I turn 33. I've decided that for a whole year I will try to give up reading other peoples blogs and focus on my own. I've tried this before MANY times, but I am again going to try it once more.
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!